Tuesday, July 15, 2014

IT'S ALIVE...IT'S ALIVE!!!   I have been spending this last week repairing a PS2.  Swapping cords was not working, either was swapping drives.  In the end I decided to learn how to calibrate the laser.  This is an older PS2.  My suspicion was that electronics had become to advanced and would need a 2-1B Medical Droid to walk me through the replacing of a Disc Drive.  Well, some of is was true.  Instead I used Google (DROIDS!!!) to figure out the calibration.  There are several parts and pieces that can be replaced or altered.  The first place I started with was swapping Disc Drives, but that did not work (Later I found out that I had moved the laser set to "OPEN" when the tray was closed). After that failed attempt I calibrated the POTS on the bottom of the laser.  When that did not help I swapped the laser out with one I knew would work.  The problem with the original laser was it would state it was reading the Disc, when the Drive was not even running.  Weirdly after several minutes of nothing the Drive would spin and the Disc would play.

Thank you!!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment