Monday, October 27, 2014

XBOX original/classic has defects.  I am not sure if I mentioned it before, but in the original XBOX the internal Hard Drive is coded to the board.  This is a pretty easy fix, except I have not tried it. Sadly most of the first editions with big bulky Disc Drives have a very large amount of Laser failures.  Where the Laser can no longer read the pits of the disc.  Lowering the trimmer pot/calibrating of the laser will more likely lead to a burnt out Laser then a working one.  It will be time consuming but I will need to find the Disc Drive replacements.  I read on a site somewhere that some of the Drives are the same ones used in Personal Computers and are interchangeable.  These last several weeks I have been avoiding the truth that the laser component needs replaced.  That I cannot fix it.  I am having a hard time finding Original XBOX Laser replacements.  Why did XBOX name their XBOX 720 XBOX ONE?  That is what I called the original XBOX. XBOX 1, XBOX 360, XBOX 720.



On a side note I have been working on my arcade.  I have an almost working joy pad reusing a Loot Crate box.  One button's light dims out and another button is not connected or mis-connected should I say.  Another problem was some of the games will not give me a continue regardless of how many "COINS" I pushed in.  Here is a picture of my  joy pad. It is pretty portable right now, but I wanted to give arcades back to kids.  There is a NO-CONTEST at Jamie's Flea Market and that is where I am Wednesday and Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment