Friday, January 30, 2015




IMDB HE-MAN MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE is a great movie.  I was born in the early 80's and had seen many movies growing up, but the He-Man movie was least discussed in my area.  I had seen many different types of films that I had started to confuse them.  The way I remember the He-Man movie was a very futuristic Sci-Fi where everything was burning all around.  In the film around the time Principal Strickland (did that guy ever have hair?) gets fired at is how I remember the whole movie's lighting looked.
    My memory clip gives Man-At-Arms this giant chest cavity that flops open with automated targeting laser guns.  If not automated then wired reflexes.  Overall I had a feeling of melancholy towards the movie.  Originally I kept confusing MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE with IMDB BEASTMASTER BeastMaster I and II.  Tall guy, blonde hair, tigers, and Sci-Fi - Oh My.
      MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE film should be at least an 8.0 IMDB.  After relentleslly avoiding it for over two years I was able to pop the cassette into my Video Camera Recorder? (VCR). It was astounding. With Trivia and Goofs from IMDB users and years of learning all about film producing I was very pleased with the outcome.  One biggest factor is that they made their costumes look too realistic.  They must have lost a lot of budget on making heavy well constructed costumes.  Even my wife enjoyed it to the point of quoting the movie.  Some where around the lines of "How did they get all the food to stay on these little sticks?" (Teela)  "That's because it's rib bones!  Never think when you are eating!"  (Man-At-Arms).  I would recommend this movie to 10 + yrs old.  It is very realistic and I am sure would cause some PTSD.

      Thank you,

                 -Omeed    

No comments:

Post a Comment